let’s explore some of the options
The traditional real estate selling process has been around for quite some time, and for the most part it has worked well. But recently some innovations have started to appear. Some are worthwhile while others might not be so appealing after all is said and done.
Every plan includes all services that are required by the Colorado Real Estate Commission for Seller Agency.
When you choose West + Main Homes to represent you, you will benefit from our world-class marketing systems that go far and above the services that are required by the Colorado Real Estate Commission.
Selling your home?
Choose the type of sale that works best for you and your unique situation.
No upfront or advance fees required, ever.
- A Real Estate sales commission has 2 parts, the Listing Agent fee and the Buyer Agent fee.
- Both fees are paid by the Seller when the home is sold, upon Close Of Escrow.
- Our Seller Representation Fee is 3.2% of the final sales price in most cases.
- The Buyer Agent fee is typically anywhere from 2.5% to 3%. In the Denver Area 2.8% is most often seen in the MLS.
- Please understand that there are no “standard” real estate sales commissions. All commissions are negotiable, just as all purchase prices are negotiable.
- It’s important for home buyers and sellers to realize that there is a cost to selling a home, but these costs can be offset in a number of ways. We’ll get into that in more detail later.
- The costs will vary based on the number of services offered by the Seller’s agent as well as the marketing costs that are incurred.
Some of the programs that we offer:
- Traditional SELL first then BUY.
- Also traditional, BUY first then SELL.
- The HOME SWAP (definitely not so traditional), also known as SELL and STAY until you BUY.
- Or alternatively, BUY that second home.
- How about BUYing that investment property.
- SELL to an iBuyer (sometimes known as a 2 week buyout).
- Not sure if there is a number 7 yet. When I discover another method I’ll list it here.
The Brokers at West + Main Homes only deal with the first 5 programs on the list. And, technically, numbers 4 and 5 don’t involve SELLing, but they do involve real estate, and we do real estate really well. However, each situation is different and we will work with you individually to determine what can work best for you and your situation.
West + Main is a Full Service brokerage. But what does that mean for you, our clients?
or, to put it another way, What are the advantages of traditional full-service brokerages?
- More money in your pocket – huh? – The single biggest reason anyone would choose a discount brokerage is because they want to save money. However, with lower cost also comes a potential for lower quality of service and expertise, which usually means that you probably won’t get that really high SOLD price that you were hoping for.
- Extra Services – Most traditional agents will go beyond just the basic marketing services in order to maximize exposure for the listing. Things like professional photography and great property descriptions can help set your listing apart.
- Contract Flexibility – The sales and commission structure is pretty well locked in with a discount brokerage like Redfin, whereas a traditional broker will offer more flexibility (especially if you are dealing directly with a broker/owner). Commissions, inspection fees, marketing expenses, cleaning/repairs, rebates, home staging and other services can be negotiated. A custom contract can be prepared to help you get the most out of your specific situation.
- Expertise – Discount brokers tend to attract newer agents who may not have as much expertise as a traditional agent. A good real estate agent or broker will have strong negotiating skills, be an expert with contracts, have a solid reputation in the marketplace and have access to great resources. And if you don’t get the house or sell the house, then the commission didn’t matter in the 1st place.
- Personalized Service – Most discount agents are dealing with a larger quantity of clients at any given time. A traditional agent/broker will be able to provide you with more personalized service and response to your needs.
- Our focus is on marketing and relationships. Getting to know you and your home helps us to be able to tell people the story of your home so that the prospective buyer can establish a connection to the home that they are about to purchase. Will that discount broker take the time and energy to properly advise you, to help you prepare your home, and to position your home effectively so that it gets the most effective visibility in the market?
If you are looking to sell your home, then you want to get your home sold in the shortest timeframe possible, for the highest price, at the lowest cost to you, and with minimal hassle. You want an experienced professional agent who knows how to prepare a home for sale, knows how to present it to prospective buyers, knows how to market it effectively, and knows how to negotiate for the best terms and conditions for you, the client.
We have simply found that some sellers do not need as many services as others.
The vast majority of our sellers are satisfied with the Traditional selling methods or plans.
Every one of our plans includes more seller services than any of the so-called discount brokerages out there.
Not only that, but we also include more standard services than the traditional “big-name” brokerages.
You and your home will get personal concierge attention all the way through Close of Escrow (and beyond).
We are full-time agents with repeatable systems and checklists in place to assure a smooth transaction every time.
We are available for you, when you need us. We attend all Inspections and Negotiations.
Do you want an agent who will only return your call after he gets off work? Or do you want an agent who is there whenever you need him? Kind of important during inspections and negotiations, especially when dealing with perhaps your most valuable financial asset.
So, is it time to get started?
Enter your name. email address, and property address to get started
Your data is secure. We will not provide this information to anyone else
Although we are just licensed in only 2 states, Arizona and Colorado, we are participants in a nationwide referral network that can assure you of high quality service in all 50 states.
Special Markets Service
Do you have a home that will bring more on a specialty market? From working with homes on the National Register of Historic Places to mountain properties, and everything in between, we have handled it.
Sometimes a simple home inspection and appraisal isn’t enough. We can arrange for a comprehensive pre-inspection so that items that could be problematic to a buyer can be taken care of ahead of time to sell your home faster and for more money.
ELECTRONIC CONTRACTS AND SECURE DOCUMENT STORAGE
It can feel as though there are a million forms and documents involved when you’re buying or selling real estate. We’ll track the paperwork and make sure everything’s perfect before closing.
No Long-term contract
You are never locked into a long-term contract. If your needs change, you can cancel anytime prior to going under contract.
No charge for our home value assessments and services.
Worried about selling but not finding a place to buy?
Your home may qualify for our “sell and stay” partnership so you can sell your home, continue to live in it, and not feel rushed to find your next home. once you find that next home you can use the proceeds that you already received towards the next home, and move at your convenience.
We have a duty to serve your interests above all others.
Because we put the customer first, we often have free promotions that are charged at other realty agencies. Our commitment to making your realty experience the best imaginable means that we’ll always give you more than the other guys.
Our amazing team provides real results for you.
We have specialists focusing on residential real estate, commercial real estate, lending, home warranties, title and legal services, and so much more. We feel that by offering comprehensive services, we can deliver so much more for our clients. Please contact us today for more details on how we can help you find your new home.